Alright. I have to leave for the day. I’ve thrown a few more things in this morning at the last minute, and then built the whole game.
If anyone wants to test it and give feedback, that would be much appreciated. I’ll still do a lot of polishing tomorrow.
Sorry, as of right now I have a build that I’m 99% positive will work on any Windows 7 or 8 machine. Earlier probably works, but hasn’t been tested. I haven’t made any others (the opposite of my first game which people could only get to work on Linux).
I’ve learned my lesson. If I do this again, I’ll probably switch to Cocos2d-x, which is open source, and easily builds into any machine.
Types of things I’m looking for:
1. The whole thing crashes. If this happens, try to remember exactly what happened and leave a comment.
2. The setup doesn’t install it on your computer, but you are using Windows. Let me know something about your computer if this happens.
3. The game is too easy (for example, you consistently scale up too quickly and bash your way to victory with no thought).
4. You can let me know if it is too hard, but I probably won’t change that.
5. Anything else that seems reasonable to need a fix for being on Day 6 of developing a game (you can say the art is not polished, but that will just hurt my feelings … it’s Day 6 and I had a lot of other things to do for goodness sake).
6. The Readme didn’t have enough information.
Tonight or tomorrow, I’ll probably add 2 more items for reference of what will be added before the final release.
Thanks. Have fun.
I’ll think of a better way of distributing this later. For now, go here: https://github.com/wardm4/Theseus
Press Download Zip (button to right). Ignore all the files except the one called “Theseus.zip” Right click on that and save it somewhere (your Downloads folder or whatever). Unzip it and then double click on setup.exe. That will prompt a standard install.
Better yet. I’ve added just the zip to a Dropbox here if you don’t want to get the source code too: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ywjy7s3y72bq5k/AABOZWsPOFBYs0qgcxW5Ccqxa?dl=0