Today turned out well. I didn’t get trapped trying to fix some problematic C# syntax like in the past two days. The main improvements were to draw the final boss, get him animated, program his AI, and get the final room set up (which has different design structure than the rest of the labyrinth).
I did some balancing with the boss to figure out how much HP seemed reasonable for what level I thought an average person would be at. I also drew, animated, and designed an AI for a new NPC that will make an appearance later in the game. They are pretty tricky, so I imagine a bunch of deaths for people who dare to make an attempt at them.
The game feels reasonably complete at this point. There is a nice progression leading up to the final boss, and you win the game if you kill it. I made a push to get it to this point before today, because it turns out that tomorrow I’ll have almost no time to work on it at all.
I have two more significant additions I want to make, and then tons of polishing I can do (tons of extra animations, sound, balancing, bug finding and fixing, etc). Overall, I’m finding the game a bit too easy, but my alpha tester hasn’t beaten it yet, so who knows. If you know all the enemy patterns (like I do), then I think it is beatable pretty much every time with caution. I never came across an impossible situation today.
Tomorrow I’ll give a download of the most up-to-date version in case any readers want to volunteer a few playthroughs to give some feedback before the end of the last day.